Burke Development Road, Normanton 4890
The civil landing area (DCA LG # 148 revised 4/41) just south of the town and adjacent the isolated railway line to Croydon was sufficient for incidental RAAF communications traffic that used it. Plans were prepared and commenced in 1944 for properly constructed runways and that work further upgraded is the Normanton Airport of today.
This page is being developed further. Contact the project on firstname.lastname@example.org to assist.
Roger and Jenny Marks - 'Queensland Airfields WW2 - 50 Years on'