Australian Army Vegetable Store
formerly Ravenshoe RSL Hall
- Supply facility
- Atherton Tablelands
10 Monument Street, Ravenshoe 4888
Built during World War II for the collection and distribution of vegetables to Australian Army units in the Ravenshoe area, this corrugated iron, timber frame shed was purchased by the local committee of the Returned and Services League of Australia (RSL) in 1946 or 1947 to serve as the community memorial hall. The Ravenshoe Bowls Club which shared the use of the hall, acquired it outright in 1953 or 1954 and the RSL moved to a new club room in Grigg Street in the middle of the town. The empty shed has been disused for some time.
Pearce, Howard (contributing author).
Personal communication: Graham Hepple, Ravenshoe.
Howard Pearce. WWII: NQ: A cultural heritage overview of significant places in the defence of north Queensland during World War II. Environmental Protection Agency, Brisbane, 2009