Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Station 1 accommodation building
- Military camp
41 Victoria Terrace, Caloundra 4551
Royal Austrralian Navy (RAN) Station 1, a Port War Signal Station (PWSS), was constructed at Caloundra Head sometime after March 1941. A timber signal station accommodation building was located west of the signal tower, at what is now 41 Victoria Terrace. This one storey timber structure on stumps, served as the Whitecliff private hospital for some time, from 1948. It has since been demolished.
Further information required. Contact the website to assist.
RAN Station 9, Pinkenba (Myrtletown), Queensland Heritage Register 602448
Signal Station (former), Queensland Heritage Register 601097 [refers to Signal station at Cowan Cowan]
Groves, J; Groves, J; Wensley, A, 2009. Caloundra during WWII: how World War II changed the town of Caloundra, John and Janice Groves and Anne Wensley, Caloundra.
National Archives of Australia 23/402/153. Bribie Island Fortress 1939–1944.
National Archives of Australia LS1944. Caloundra - Position of Tower at Port War Signal Station, 1948.
Dunn, P. “RAN Station 1—Port War Signal Station initially at Cowan Cowan, Moreton Is. then “Buena Vista", Moffat Head, Caloundra then Wickham Point, Caloundra".
Timeline of the Caloundra District, Sunshine Coast Libraries Photographic Collection