Camp Victoria Park (Base Motor Repair depot)
- Military camp
Boundary Street, South Townsville 4810
African-American units of the Base Motor Repair depot were located at Victoria Park during 1942–1944. The park was used for the storage and servicing of military vehicles of all types.
The tyre and battery section of Base Motor Repair moved from the “Flinders Street Gas Station” to Victoria Park in April 1944.
Victoria Park is still in existance today, encompassed by Boundary, Bell, Tully and Morey Streets, South Townsville.
Base Two, The Bayonet of Australia, Volume One, Notes from American War Records of World War Two, Vol 1. [Typescript held in North Queensland Collection, James Cook University].